Tel: 0151 305 1157 | Email:

Make A Disrepair Claim

Are you a Council or Housing Association tenant living with disrepair?

We have secured £1,000’s in compensation for people like yourself and got their repairs carried out!

Housing Disrepair Claim

Examples of Housing Disrepair Issues

How It Works


Check your eligibility


Collect your evidence


Submit your no win, no fee claim


Home repairs carried out and compensation received

Fix your disrepair and receive compensation!

Why Should You Make A Housing Disrepair Claim?

If you answered YES to any of the above then we strongly advise making a housing disrepair claim against your landlord to get your home repaired.

Housing Disrepair Claims FAQ's

If you are a Council or Housing Association tenant, with any of the ongoing disrepair issues listed above, and have reported the disrepair to your landlord,  then you are likely to be eligible to make a disrepair claim for compensation.

No. All the housing disrepair claims we take on are on a no win, no fee basis. This means you do not need to pay a penny upfront.

We will make sure your landlord commences repairs within a matter of weeks following our initial contact. However, some cases can take longer. You can rest assured there will be no delays on our part, we will do everything we can to get your landlord to take action.

Your compensation is calculated based on the length of time that the property has been in disrepair, how many people it has affected, how severe the disrepair is, if any belongings have been damaged by the disrepair, and finally, if the disrepair has caused any illness.

Yes! You should still pay your rent in full. If you stop paying your rent, your landlord has the ability to make a counterclaim against you, as you would be in breach of your tenancy agreement.

No, there are laws in place protecting Council and Housing Association tenants from being evicted for starting a housing disrepair compensation claim against their landlord.

No, unfortunately not. You must be currently living in the property.

You can provide evidence of your disrepair complaints through texts, emails, or call records. Additionally, your housing file may contain recorded complaints as landlords are legally required to document them.

Under Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act (1985), as amended by the Fitness for Human Habitation Act, both social (council or housing association) and private landlords are legally obligated to keep the property in a good state of repair. You have the right to live in your property without suffering due to disrepair. There is no need to be concerned as it’s their legal responsibility to act in your best interests.

You can claim against private landlords however we only take cases involving Council or Housing Association tenants.

What Is A Housing Disrepair Claim?

A housing disrepair claim is a legal action taken by a tenant against their landlord when the property they are renting is in a state of disrepair, meaning it’s not being properly maintained or repaired. These claims typically arise when the landlord fails to address issues such as dampness, leaks, structural problems, heating failures, pest infestations, or other conditions that affect the habitability or safety of the property.

The purpose of a housing disrepair claim is to compel the landlord to fulfill their legal obligations to maintain the property in a safe and habitable condition, as outlined in the lease and/or tenancy agreement and various housing laws and regulations. 

Tenants can seek repairs to their property and compensation for the inconvenience and damages caused.

Who Are We?

We are SRA-regulated disrepair solicitors with extensive experience in dealing with housing disrepair claims. We uphold the legal and ethical responsibilities of landlords for social and council housing tenants living with disrepair. Our experienced and expert solicitors are here to assist you throughout the claim process.